2013-2017 Accord EX-L Issues

• I installed the G12 yesterday. I installed the latest update. I have a handful of issues/questions.

1. The Volume/track/source steering wheel buttons are VERY laggy. The volume buttons on the device itself respond quickly. I've tried changing the steering wheel keys to every setting with no improvement. SWC Key seems to be the least laggy, but it is still very delayed.
    2. I cannot get the Steering wheel Answer/Hangup/Talk buttons to work at all. I disconnected the harness to the HondaLink bluetooth and connected the harness of CB077 that has a single pin in it to the harness. I tried changing the factory settings for the steering wheel keys to every setting. The keys do not respond to the Steering wheel study no matter which setting is set.
    3. The right lane watch video does not show on the iMID screen, only the Head Unit.
    4. Is there a way to turn off the backup cam video on the Head Unit and just have it on the iMID screen (without disabling the right lane screen)? Same with Lane watch? The lane watch ocuppies the screen at right turn stops for sometimes up to 2-3 minutes. 
    5. The clock on the iMID screen shows 00 instead of 12 during the hour of 12pm. I am not using 24 hour time. 
    6. Sometimes the clock shows a 0 in front of the hour and sometimes it doesn't.
    7. Is there a setting somewhere for the Mode apps. I would like to change the app used for video and change the music app to use the BT music instead, and possibly remove the AVin.
    8. Can the clock be customized on the iMID screen?

If anyone can help with these issues I would greatly appreciate it.

• @Jonathan Blackwell 

1. The response speed of aftermarket car stereo is generally slightly slower than OEM systems. This is normal as long as there are no significant lags or delays.

2. The CB077 cable has a 32-pin connector that needs to be connected to the HFL module in the dashboard to use the Bluetooth steering wheel controls.You could refer to this topic: https://app.xenforum.net/topics/edit/121054

3. If your car has a right-view camera, connect the "BSM VIN" cable with the "Front camera" cable. (Right view ONLY displays on our head unit screen.)

4. In the factory settings, disable the "Prohibit reverse" option.

5. If the small screen time is not synchronized, please record a video to demonstrate the issue.

6. If the time is 02:00, there will be a leading 0. If the time is 12:00, there will be no leading 0. The time is displayed in a two-digit format. If this is not your issue, please further describe it again.

7. Widget can currently only be moved or deleted, and their default functions cannot be changed. To move a widget, long-press it and drag it to another location. To add a widget, long-press an empty space and add a widget.

8. The display on the small screen cannot be customized.

• @Support Dasaita,

Thank you for the quick response.

1.  I would say that the lag is significant. I can press the volume button 3-4 times before it will register that I am pressing a button. It will then take action the same number of times that I have pressed it (all at once). Changing the source is almost unusable because of the lag. The specs and price of this radio should be plenty to respond immediately. It seems like it is a bug.

2. I have the 32 pin connector hooked up to the HFL module in the dashboard. The buttons still do not work. The URL you provided is bad, however, if you meant this url: https://www.dasaita.com/community/forum/topic/121054 you can see that I already replied to that topic asking for clarification. That topic is suggesting to wire the line to the Key 1 line coming out of the head unit. Do I need to cut the wire and connect it to Key 1? Your reply is not the same as the what the post is suggesting as a fix. Neither the provided cable OR the suggestion in the post seem to work.

3. I have the "BSM VIN" cable connected to the "Front camera" cable. The Right lane camera works. The problem with the right lane camera showing up on the Head Unit instead of the iMID screen is that the Head Unit unusable when the turn signal is on. It's very frustrating because the HU can be unavailable for as long as 2-3 minutes if stuck at a light. The factory configuration uses the iMID screen so that you can still control your stereo. Is there any chance an update can give the option to move this to the iMID screen?

4. I have made that change in the factory settings to "Prohibit Reverse". As stated in the original post, it also disables my right lane camera. Because the right lane camera does not show up on the iMID screen, I lose all functionality of the right camera if I make this change. I would like to "Prohibit Reverse" but still use the right lane camera. "Prohibit Reverse" should only affect the reverse camera.

5. I attached a photo 12PM_bug.jpg. If you look at that photo, you can see that the time on the Head Unit is 12:55 but the iMID screen displays 00:55. In the US, we do not use 00:55. It should display 12:55 on the iMID screen.

6. "The time is displayed in a two-digit format" - OK, If possible please add as feature request to be able to change to a single digit format

7. I am not referring to widgets. When the "Source" button is pressed on the steering wheel (which is linked to "Mode" in the Steering wheel study) it will switch between Radio/Music/Video/AVin. I would like to customize these options? How are these options customized?

8. "The display on the small screen cannot be customized"  - OK, If possible please add as feature request

• @Jonathan Blackwell

1. could you send us a video to demonstrate the issue you mentioned?

2.We are wondering if you could go to Factory settings > enter 126 > Canbus and make sure that the canbus option is 76. And then check if the HFL buttons could workk or not. As to the right view, note that the Right view should be set "Enable". You could send us which module you have connected, it is the following one.

3.We are sorry that the time display on the iMID screen could not be customized, we try to communicate with the engineer to see if it could add as feature in the future.

4.As to the steering issue, we need to ask the Canbus company for further assistance. 

Note: Please do not cut the Key cable as we send the post to you indicate, we have revised the cable according to that post now.

• @Jonathan Blackwell For the mode buttons, we are wondering if you should shot a video to show out how the buttons works now, our engineer said that they have retained most of the feature yet. 

• @Jonathan Blackwell Sorry for bothering you again, regarding to your 1st issue, we are wondering if you could go to Factory Settings > enter "logcan", then replicate your issue by pressing the steering buttons, to see is the codes on the screen appear after about 3 seconds. Please record the whole process in a video and send it to us. Meanwhile, go to Filebrowser and copy the log file to support@dasaita.com with the video.

As to the fifth issue about the time display, please kindly install the following APK to verify if it could improve.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bbuznfis3e8b73r3bv7hg/HCTCanBus.apk?rlkey=v3tuys4le4sybbmfm9kz01zd1&dl=0

For the issue about the Source button, we are wondering if you could follow the step to configure the button.

Steering wheel setting:

1) Please go to Settings > Car > Factory settings > Others > Steering wheel keys assign > SWC Key > Apply > Exit (Reboot).

2) Please go to Settings > Car > Steering Wheel Keys and start to program or go to Home Menu > Wheelkey Study app and start to program.

You could also refer to the video.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7hovrnq4uingkoj/%E6%96%B9%E6%8E%A7%E5%AD%A6%E4%B9%A0.mp4?dl=0

• @Support Dasaita, thank you again for looking into these issues.

1. Here are two videos, the first showing the issue, the 2nd showing the logcan.

Logcan:

I sent the log to support@dasaita.com.

2. See the Logcan video on #1 to see that the buttons do not register. Here is the HFL module (You can see the connected harness):

As you can see, Canbus is set to 76:

3. See #4 - iMID doesn't show Right lane, only reverse workon it

4. I don't think you are understanding the issue. I created a video of this issue:

5. I tried to install the APK but it could not be parsed:
    6.  (#3 on your reply) Thank you. 

7.  I know how to assign something to the source button. When assigned the "Mode" option to the source button, when pressed it will toggle between apps. I would like to customize these apps. I am guessing this is not supported, but it would nice to give a menu option to set these apps.

• @Jonathan Blackwell 

1.We have sent the log file and video to the engineer to diagnose your issue.

2.Please let us know if you have assigned the HFL feature to the steering keys according to the instruction that we sent you. Have you seen the log on the screen when you press this 3 buttons.

3.Sorry that our model could not support right view on the small screen, you could see "Right view ONLY displays on our head unit screen." as we said in the previous message.

4.As to the prohibit reverser prohibit not only reverse but the right view, we have sent to the manufature to further look into. No.5 issue the same, we have sent to the manufacturer too.

7.Sorry that the functions could not be customized.

• @Jonathan Blackwell Sorry to tell you that the engineer said that the prohibit reverse could only disable both right and reverse view, you could not just prohibit the reverse.

• @Support Dasaita if the right lane camera showed up on the iMID the way it does with factory, this would not be an issue.

• @Support Dasaita,

1.  Thank you. I'll wait to hear back if a fix can be applied

2. I cannot assign anything to the HFL buttons because the study does not recognized them. Unlike the other buttons, when I click them nothing happens and that prevents me from assigning anything to them. In the video you can see that the locan also does not register the buttons. (#1 - 2nd video) of my previous post

3. Can adding the video to the iMID screen (like the reverse cam) be added as a feature request?

4. This issue would be resolved if the right lane camera can show up on the iMID display

5. Can you send me the APK? The one you sent did not install, it could not be parsed

6.  ----resolved

7. Ok, that's what I figured. If it's possible to add this as a feature request, it would be appreciated.

• @Jonathan Blackwell We are sorry that we could not add the video to the iMID screen because of the car model, if your car is from year 2016-2017 it will be show on the  iMID screen with dual screen like the following one it will support. 

1.We are wondering if you could remove the 2 wires from the canbus cable(pic 2), the No.3 and No.4.

2.The HFL issue has been reflected to the engineer and we are waiting for their reply.

3.As to the notification saying the APK is parsing, have you ever downloaded again.

• @Jonathan Blackwell As to the HFL plug, could  you please check if the pin is correct or not through the following pinout description.

• Even with the requirement that the lane watch camera shows on the main unit display, something that would help reduce the annoyance when having the right turn signal for an extended period of time would be to enable the button on the turn signal stalk to turn off the lane watch camera while the turn signal is still on.

Being able to turn off the lane watch camera while the right turn signal is active is something the OEM head unit supported.

On the Dasaita, the lane watch camera video feed flashes off for a moment and then right back on if the turn signal is still on.

• @Support Dasaita, I don't understand why the right lane can't be added to the iMID when that is how it worked stock. I had that same Head Unit in the picture with the dual screen. @Erik Anderson, I agree that at least having the option to turn it off would be more manageable. I have the same issue as you when I try to turn it off.

Is there any option of releasing the code so that I can try to figure it out myself?

1. I clipped #3 & #4. So far, it seems to have sped up the steering wheel buttons. I will test and let you know if there are any side effects.

The harness looks like it matches what you have:

• @Jonathan Blackwell 

1.Sorry that iMID screen is controlled by the TFT box, it could not sort out the lane watch mirror on that screen yet, none of the after-market head units could support this feature yet.

2.Please kindly verify if it could solve the steering control delay issue.

3.We are wondering if you have multimeter to verify which pin of your HFL model controls the bluetooth. Here is the instruction.

Please follow these steps:

1. Set the multimeter to the resistance (ohms) mode.
    2. Press the Bluetooth steering control button and observe which wire shows a change in value.
    3. The wire that shows a change in value is the Bluetooth steering control wire.
    4. Connect one probe of the multimeter to the ground and the other probe to the wires.
    5. Note that you do not need to start the car; this measurement is for the original car wiring, not our navigation unit.

I hope these steps help you identify the Bluetooth steering control wire.

• @Jonathan Blackwell I'm hitting pretty much all of the same issues as you have been, so I'm following this thread closely. I assume since you had the separate HFL unit that your model year is the 2013 Accord EX-L?

If you manage to get the steering wheel phone controls working, if you can share which pin ended up working I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll have to decide if it's worth the trouble checking them all.

@Support Dasaita:

Is the "remove two wires from the CAN bus adapter" solution for delayed steering wheel button handling likely to be addressed instead via a future software update? I'd prefer to wait for that instead of snipping the wires if so. Otherwise hopefully Jonathan can confirm if it's been a durable fix.

If the wrong pin is used in the HFL harness, is there a recommended way to move it to a different one within the harness without damaging it?

Finally, can you comment re: my suggestion to allow turning off the lane watch camera via the turn signal stalk button even while the turn signal is active?

• @Erik Anderson We would like to tell you that HFL is an added compatible functions that we are still testing, you could use the Siri or Google assistant to receive phone call.  If you have tools and ability to check the pins on your HFL model, we are wondering if you could help us through the steps above.

Yes, our engineer said that remove two wires(No.3 and No.4) from the CAN bus adapter can help fixed the delay issue. 

As to your final issue, we are wondering if you mean that the lane watch camera will not come on when you turn right or you could further demonstrate your issue.

• Re: the CAN bus adapter. I understand that removing the two wires is likely to help. My question was if a software fix is likely to happen as well (without removing them) or if the only way to address it is to proceed with removing them.

Re: the lane watch camera. I imagine the current algorithm in your code looks something like this:

bool is_right_turn_signal_on = false;
    bool show_lane_watch_camera = false;

// called when the unit observes a lane watch camera button press
    function handle_lane_watch_button_press() {
      show_lane_watch_camera = !show_lane_watch_camera;
    }

// called when the CAN bus observes the right turn signal state
    function handle_right_turn_signal_change(bool new_turn_signal_on) {
      is_right_turn_signal_on= new_turn_signal_on;
    }

// code running as part of some larger main loop
    function main() {
      while (true) {
        if (is_right_turn_signal_on) {
          show_lane_watch_camera = true;
        }

if (show_lane_watch_camera) {
          show_front_camera();
        }
      }
    }

In that pseudo-code, you can see that as long as the right turn signal is on, there is no way to turn off the lane watch camera. Even if you press the button to toggle the lane watch camera, it will still turn it right back on as long as the turn signal is still on.

My request is to do what the OEM system did, which is allow the lane watch button to turn off the camera even in this situation.

Psuedo-code for what the fix might look like is:

bool is_right_turn_signal_on = false;
    bool show_lane_watch_camera = false;

// called when the unit observes a lane watch camera button press
    function handle_lane_watch_button_press() {
      show_lane_watch_camera = !show_lane_watch_camera;
    }

// called when the CAN bus observes the right turn signal state
    function handle_right_turn_signal_change(bool new_turn_signal_on) {
      if (new_turn_signal_on != is_right_turn_signal_on) {
        show_lane_watch_camera = new_turn_signal_on;
      }
      is_right_turn_signal_on = new_turn_signal_on;
    }

// code running as part of some larger main loop
    function main() {
      while (true) {
        if (show_lane_watch_camera) {
          show_front_camera();
        }
      }
    }

The above pseudo-code matches how the OEM system worked. The button always toggles the camera and the turn signal is also respected when it changes state (turn on signal => camera view turns on, turn off signal => camera view turns off).

• @Erik Anderson We have forwarded your issue to the manufacturer and await for their reply. Your cooperation will be appreciated.