Zlink and CarPlay stopped working after update 5/31/2024

• @Joshua Buck Just plug the USB and the headunit should find it on its own. If it doesn't, then you would have to manually initiate it

• @Support Dasaita I have followed all of the steps and it isn't working. When I click on system updates it says "not find system update"

• @Joshua Buck the link you provided in this thread is different than the one you give in the firmware thread. Which one should I use?

• @Joshua Buck I have tried the update.zip file multiple times. I copy to usb drive as update.zip and plug into head unit but nothing happens. I try to initiate the update manually but it says it's not found. Please help.

• @Joshua Buck We are wondering if you could send us a photo of what file you put into the USB, we will check if the format and the name is correct or not. Besides, we are wondering if you have already try other USB port?

• @Support Dasaita 

• @Support Dasaita i took the unit out today and tried every usb. Same result.

• @Joshua Buck Would you kindly try our another latest firmware?

G12(20240606):https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/x3r7ft7j8nqbtsaipd9js/update.zip?rlkey=znnmon2vqag8j2v7nxzsv0ewd&dl=0

Please format your USB and then download the update.zip file above.

Go to Settings > System > firmware update.

• @Support Dasaita I tried this one, same result. I format the usb every time and it's on fat32. I copy the zip file to it and do not "extract". I've tried every usb port on the head unit and it never finds the update. I'm not sure what else I can do.  Can you please release an OTA update that fixes the bugs??

• @Joshua Buck Hi there, we just release the G12(20240606) OTAF, you could go to System update to update it to the latest now.

• @Support Dasaita I just tried the OTA but it doesn't find it. It says I have the current version. 

• @Joshua Buck 

• Hello

Has anyone updated to version 20240606 yet?  Are there any issues with this update?

• @Long Hoang Please reconnect the wifi and then check it again.

• @Long Hoang@Support Dasaita I just did the update. Everything working as it should initially. CarPlay has been connecting automatically so far, haven't checked the mic yet.  CarPlay audio is "skipping" but mine has done this with all three softwares I have run. The nice thing about software version 530 is it made the mic better, I'll report back on this one.  It would be nice if they would fix the skipping with CarPlay audio. It reminds me of a CD with some scratches on it.  

• @Joshua Buck Thanks for volunteering and updating early. I just updated mine too, CarPlay and Zlink works and very fast.  I use Pandora and Podcasts on CarPlay and haven't noticed any skipping.  External microphone settings doesn't work but the internal microphone works fine.  Here are the updates from Dasaita:

G12(20240606):

• Fixed disappearing widget issue.
    • Fixed little bass output.
    • Fixed SIM card internet connectivity and call issues.
    • Optimized call quality.
    • Added screensaver feature.

• @Long Hoang I noticed the amp settings for loud and bass making more of a difference since the update. CarPlay has been connecting very quickly with new software. Still haven't tested mic yet.  My widget did disappear with the last update, and is now back so that fix seems to be working. All good so far. The skipping or crackling audio through CarPlay was not present my last time using it, so fingers crossed there.

• Curious if anyone is experiencing an issue with Google Maps/Waze pausing your music when giving directions on this firmware/zlink version. Normally it is supposed to just duck the audio rather than completely pause and resume the media. It's a minor annoyance but not one that I'm willing to deal with.

• @Vincent Ha We are wondering if you have turned on the following Setting.

setting > car > extra setting > reverse volume

• @Support Dasaita I do not have this setting enabled because I do not have a reverse camera attached

• 2 / 3