Zlink and CarPlay stopped working after update 5/31/2024

• Hello

After the update dropped today to fix the microphone, my Zlink no longer connects to Bluetooth and the CarPlay app won't start.   Both were working yesterday.  Please help 

I have attached a photo of my build below and the stuck Zlink screen.  My Amazon order number is Order# 113-5691858-6701863

• @Long Hoang   Refer to your other post for what I did to fix this. 

• I am having the same issue as well. I purchased the G12 QCM6125 on 5/29/24 and upgraded the system to zst27_sc138_12_(20240513). Android Auto worked fine on that version. However, the unit stated that there was another update available (v20240530.093402).

I updated my unit to the new version and now Android Auto does not work. My phone will connect via Bluetooth but Android Auto through Zlink does not connect. Thinking about doing a factory reset and downgrading to version (20240513).

• @Ezra Williams   I think that's basically what I did. Held the little button in until the lights blinks about 3 times.   I think I'm learning not to do the update quick next time!! Haha

• @Chris Justice What you're doing is a forced reset, but not a factory reset. for a factory reset, you have to get into the root which requires a firmware zip download onto an empty usb drive and connect it to the headunity via usb cord provided labled "USB"

• Hi everyone, sorry I posted twice.  I also did a factory reset hoping to get the older version back but noticed that it's still the same updated version.  The good part of this update is the mic is working properly now. 

I thought about returning it also but it does so much more than my factory radio, and anything else in the same price range is even more buggy and Dasaita seems to be the one that's been around the longest and most "reliable".  I also bought mine a week ago and now all of you have confirmed for me that this is a software update issue, not a hardware problem with my unit so I decided to keep it.  They should release a fix soon. 

I found a work around for this new update that seems stable to keep using CarPlay.  Go into App under Settings, pick Zlink, pick Disable, confirm, pick Enable, then pick Open, then CarPlay should work.  You'll have to do this every time you want to turn on CarPlay.  Your Bluetooth should already be connected to your phone.  This work around is working no matter how many times I tested it in the past 24 hours.  Now I have to decide if I should let it update again, the next update may come with another problem.

another work around is to turn on personal hotspot and use it for Google maps and all the other apps in your home menus.

I installed this to surprise my daughter who's in college, yesterday I showed it to her and she jumped out of the car to make sure it's the same license plate, she thought I had bought her another car.

• @Long Hoang This is pretty much what I have been doing, except I hit the "Force Stop" button instead and get the same result. I do hope they release a fix soon.

• @Jacques Brown @Long Hoang @Chris Justice @Ezra Williams 

Important Notice: System Update Issue with Version 20240530

Dear Valued Customers,

We would like to inform you about an important issue concerning the recent automatic update to version 20240530 via OTA. Due to a system error, this software update was deployed prematurely and has not yet undergone complete testing.

We strongly recommend that you revert to the previous stable version, 20240513(firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0ksub1bba94rm8ttxfikv/hmcu.img?rlkey=bx8j6osl48uf8nxr6qwbb8zmv&dl=0), to ensure the smooth operation of your system. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this error may have caused and appreciate your understanding and patience as we work to resolve this matter.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Dasaita official

• @Support Dasaita I am getting an error message when trying to mount the image: The disc image file is corrupted.20240513 - Firmware

• @Support Dasaita how do I revert back to the previous firmware? Also, what problems will I have if I leave the new version?

• @Joshua Buck @Support Dasaita 

I had to download the file from the dropbox Dasaita posted, unzip the file, load it into a formatted flash drive, then plug it into the USB port and upload to the unit.  I didn't make it that far because I got the same error as Erza above.  The new version seems to be stable so far, as long as you force the Zlink to start.  I was hoping Dasaita would release the fix over the air rather than asking us to upload the old version.  I haven't found any directions on Youtube how to upload the older version to the unit.  Also the new version fixed the microphone problem so I don't have to yell at my screen when I get a call in the car.

• @Long Hoang @Ezra Williams @Joshua Buck 

Okay guys, let me help you out a bit. First, you need an empty USB drive and download the zip file. DO NOT UNZIP IT! Plug it into the USB cord that's labled "USB" and then the headunit will start updating. Do not format the system, that will factory reset your device. Just do the install and you will be fine.

• @Support Dasaita Thank you for getting to us about the update 👍

• @Jacques Brown thanks for the instruction. I agree that it fixed the microphone issue, which is nice. I too can force the zlink to connect so it's tempting to leave the new version installed. It would be nice if they release an update over the air for the new firmware version that fixes the bug. 

• @Joshua Buck It's better to downgrade and wait for the true update than to stick with a broken version. It might be a while before they release the true version. I know its a hassle to get to the USB cord, Ive had to do this twice already. but after the first time, I moved the USB cord close to a place that's easily accessable, just in case this happened again 😉

• @Jacques Brown after I download the zip file to a usb drive, do I simply plug it in and the head unit will automatically see it and give me the option to update? Or do I need to find it through the settings menu?

• @Ezra Williams You need to download the hmcu file from the laptop or computer. Then you could go to Settings > System > MCU update to update the MCU.

• @Joshua Buck Download the firmware through the link below.

firmware 20240513: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0ksub1bba94rm8ttxfikv/hmcu.img?rlkey=bx8j6osl48uf8nxr6qwbb8zmv&dl=0

Here is the instruction of how to install.

https://www.dasaita.com/community/forum/topic/37249/how-update-firmware

• @Jacques Brown

Here is the instruction of how to install.

Note: you need to download the file through a computer or laptop.

• @Joshua Buck Both steps could help update. It will normally give you the option to update. Or you could follow the step of how to update it.

• 1 / 3