4G LTE Cellular no connection

• On my G12 in the UK, (Order SP-DA5357), I cannot get the 4G mobile connection working, I have tried so far, 2 different SIM cards, Three and Vodafone, both of which have an excellent signal in my phone, but in the G12 they are both recognised as being plugged in and the network is recognised, but both say 'disconnected', and a working connection is not possible.

I've tried the antenna supplied with the G12 and bought another on Amazon in case the original was faulty, but the result is the same, so definitely nothing wrong with the antenna or either of the SIM cards.

I've also confirmed the APN details for both SIM cards are correct, and factory reset the head unit several times, I've tried and checked everything I can think of so any suggestions would be most welcome.

Also on the same G12 with the supplied external microphone call quality through CarPlay is horrendous, the other caller cannot hear me, it's unusable, but on a call through Bluetooth without CarPlay the call quality is great, it just will not read my phone contacts, not much good though  when I mostly use CarPlay.

I've seen another post elsewhere about de-soldering and removing the built in mic, I'm ok with a soldering iron but would that cure the problem ?

• @David Picknell 

Hello.
    Our customer service ever sent you the update file to fix it.
    Could you please confirm with us whether you tried to do the update?
    If possible, please go Settings > About Machine > Build Number & MCU version, then send its photo to us.
    So that we can learn your present version information.
    Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.

• I have got the 4G LTE connection connected now, but the signal is very weak, I've given up on that now as I think I would need an external antenna to get a good enough signal, and I don't want that, so I'm just going to use hotspot WiFi when needed, but mostly CarPlay anyway, so my only problem now is the microphone problem as described above.

I haven't received any update file, but here's a picture as requestedBuild & MCU

• And CarPlay app

• @David Picknell 

Hello.
    Thanks for sharing the pictures.
    Could you please tell us about the installation position of 4G antenna?
    If possible, please try to move it to A pillar of passenger seat to see how it goes.
    Now our technician is working hard on new update software to fix microphone problem.
    Once it available, we will send it to you immediately.
    We appreciate for your patience in advance.

• Hi, the 4G antenna is located on the passenger side of windscreen at the top, I'll update with a photo when I'm back with the car, I have tried it in many different areas though before sticking it down.

I appreciate your help and look forward to the software update

• @David Picknell 

Hello.
    Thanks for your response.
    For further confirmation, could you please assist to check whether the microphone volume shows 0?
    Settings > Car > Factory settings(password :126) > Voice > MiC > 0.
    Besides, if possible, please record the related video about weak signal then send it to us at your convenience.
    So as to figure out the solution further. 
    We appreciate for your cooperation in this matter.

• @Support Dasaita The mic volume level was set at 3, I assumed that controlled the mic input level for whichever mic was in use, I've changed it to 0 now but haven't heard a chance to try it yet.

I take it that only controls the level of the built in mic then does it ?

• I also have 2 other queries that I'd like help with as well please, I have an aftermarket subwoofer setup installed, JL double 12" and JL mono 1000w amplifier

i have this connected with the green sub out rca connected from the G12 head unit, and it's working, but in my search for my other query I found this link https://www.dasaita.com/community/forum/topic/129357/how-to-install-a-subwoofer-to-your-car-navigation-system#post-280364

which states to connect the sub amplifier to a right and left line out and do not connect to the sub out output

which seems really strange, so which is correct ?

And what is the sub rca connection for if it's not for connecting a sub to ?

• @David Picknell 

Hello.
    The link you visited is for the installation of the original subwoofer.
    If the aftermarket subwoofer can work after your connection, please ignore our link.

• @Support Dasaita I see, thank you for explaining that, do you also have a page anywhere explaining the settings page in the amplifier app, specifically this screen below in the photo

• @David Picknell 

Hello.
    About amplifier app, please refer to below pictures.

• @Support Dasaita thank you but I'd already seen that page, which explains nothing basically, a doesn't say what the settings do at all does it

loudness

cut freq

bass

What exactly do they do, do they affect the main speakers or the sub or both

does the cut freq which I'm assuming is a low pass filter only affect the main speakers

and same question for the loudness and bass settings ?

• @David Picknell 

Hello.
    For your information, Amplifier App is for the aftermarket amplifier mainly.
    If your amplifier is the factory one, then it doesn't need to adjust related setting, especially DSP.

• @Support Dasaita hi, this is why I'm asking, my amplifier and subwoofer are aftermarket