USB not working PX6 VIVID/SCOUT Android 10

• Hi,

I have an Android 10 PX6 unit for a mazda CX-5 that i purchased in Dec 2021 and the 3x usb cables no longer detect usb flash drives. I have tried multiple sizes and brands and all are formatted FAT32

The only thing that works is a USB modem with a sim card which gives me internet when its plugged in.

No Data flash drive is detected and makes device freeze when a drive is plugged in.

Due to this i cannot update the firmware to newer version as mine is stuck on 08012023 which has started to randomly crash and i cannot add any new apps.

Is there a work around to update firmware without a usb flash drive and to add apps to the built in storage?

Assuming this is out of warranty but i have had multiple units for different cars and never had this issue.

• @Paul Carroll Hi Paul,

There is a SD card slot on the side of the unit,please check.

Please update the firmware to the latest version via the link below,here are some tips to help you get the work done:

①MAX10 Version:Make Sure your unit is px6 Andorid 10

ha3_rk3399_10.0 (20230803)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/93pv4acd8eqhpr6gq0pgn/update.zip?rlkey=vqfgidf3dgbj8mzz8sts4grqn&dl=0

1.Download the document through the link via your computer/laptop.

(Do not rename and Unzip the file)

2.Format the USB drive before copying the Update.zip file to it, then insert the it to the USB cable,it will pop out the firemware updating tips.

(Tick the option"Wipe data and format flash")

If any question with the updating,please kindly get back to us.

• Hi @Support Dasaita i am aware there is a SD card slot but i need to take apart my dash to access it as it is mounted into dash. Unsure why they felt the need to not put the SD card on the front of the device so i dont need to take it apart to get to it.

My device already has the vivid firmware dated (20230803) this version is giving me issues.

I have had it installed for a long time but it keeps getting corrupted causing device to crash with black screen or randomly freezing .

I have only just reset it to factory settings erasing data which is reason i noticed the USB didnt work when i tried to update firmware. 

There is newer one correct? telenav_vivid_rk3399_10.0_ota(20240126) ?

Unsure if firmware update will resolve me not being able to use any of the 3 USB cables though

I have a few apps on a USB stick i need to install but need the device to see them and dont want to have to take apart my dash each time to access the SD card

• @Paul Carroll 

Sure,you could update to  telenav_vivid_rk3399_10.0_ota(20240126.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9whz1p3ovge2ga2g75m8x/update.zip?rlkey=n9yitv3tnx3vzgaixesru94s8&e=1&dl=0

• hi @Support Dasaita  any ideas as to why the usb cables wont work or have a solution to get them working again? the one with the white plug is allowing me to use a usb 4g modem which works but it wont detect a usb data flash drive

• @Paul Carroll Hi Paul,

Have you tried another the USB drive to see how it work ?

• Hi@Support Dasaita of course, mentioned it in my original post.

Tried different brands, different sizes all formatted FAT32.

None  are recognized on boot, not even in file manger app.

There is no issue with the flash drives as they are visible and work in multiple computers just not the head unit.

• ok used sdcard and installed newer version telenav_vivid_rk3399_10.0_ota(20240126).

USB still does not work and i even unplugged and replugged cables in.

Another major issue i have noticed is i can no longer install unknown apps i used to use on my previous version, like plex and spotify modded versions.

i get could not parse package errors when trying to install any 3rd party app not on playstore and i know the files are not corrupted and install from unknown sources is checked in APK installer

These apps worked prior to me updating from 20230801 version

I cannot enable developer mode either, is there a way to do this?

Is there any other newer firmware updates or ones between 20230803 and 20240126?

• @Paul Carroll 

ha3_rk3399_10.0 (20230801)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/5qpv88xcsc3vk7znoqfn7/update.zip?rlkey=uunohoqkju9gcn1m92jldzi6x&dl=0

1.Download the document through the link via your computer/laptop.

(Do not rename and Unzip the file)

2.Format the USB drive before copying the Update.zip file to it, then insert the it to the USB cable,it will pop out the firemware updating tips.

(Tick the option"Wipe data and format flash")

If any question with the updating,please kindly get back to us.

• Hi @Support Dasaita 

Is this the only firmware prior to 20240126

how do i enable developer mode in this version?